BRUNY ISLAND WILDERNESS COAST TOUR
This day tour to Bruny Island includes a scenic drive and ferry crossing to Bruny Island where you will enjoy morning tea Bruny style! Bruny Island is not only a wild land it is home to a variety of wine producers and quality goods including handmade fudge, cheese and fresh oysters, resulting in a destination that is a combination of culinary delights and natural beauty! This sightseeing day tour from Hobart includes an amazing scenic nature cruise taking you past deep sea caves and to see the famous towering Jurassic cliffs shaped by the epic forces of nature over millions of years. On the Bruny Island cruise you will also be taken to visit other amazing geological formations such as the "Breathing Rock" and the cathedral-like "Monument". This Bruny Island tour takes you past some of Tasmania's pristine wilderness areas to encounter the amazing coastal wildlife; including fur seals, sea eagles and playful dolphins.
Bruny Island encompasses the wild spirit of Tasmania - take a step back in time and explore Bruny Island's unique wildlife, culture and fascinating history on a fully guided day trip from Hobart.
Includes ferry crossing, morning tea, Bruny Island Charters wilderness cruise and lunch.
Does not include hotel pick up or drop off.
- Spectacular views of Hobart, the Derwent River and Wrest Point Casino
- Kingston - Hobart's fastest growing town
- Skirt the D'Entrecasteaux Channel noted for its aquaculture developments
- Pass through the tiny town of Snug and into the boating village of Kettering
- Drive onto the ferry for the crossing to Bruny Island
- Enjoy a delicious complimentary morning tea on Bruny Island
- Look for native wildlife along the Neck beside Isthmus Bay
- Board our cruise boat at stunning Adventure Bay
- The Monument, Nature's Cathedral - stark 300 metre high Jurassic dolerite cliffs
- Look upwards from directly below the cliffs
- Breathing Rock - the spectacle of an explosive blow hole
- Look for Sea Eagles' nests
- Pristine untouched rainforests and beaches
- Triassic sandstone cliffs
- Stunning sea caves and rock formations
- Shearwater (Muttonbird) rookeries
- Explore Friar Rocks - home to over a thousand Australian Fur Seals and sea bird nesting areas
- Look for dolphins - they usually choose to be with us!
- Walk to a secluded tessellated pavement on a pristine white sandy beach.
This tour departs daily at 8.30am and returns at 5.00pm.
What to bring
Bring you camera, water bottle and spending money.
This tour operates every day except Christmas Day. This tour departs from the Tasmanian Travel Centre, corner of Elizabeth and Davey Streets. Children under 5 are FREE of charge
Terms and conditions
50% cancellation fee within 72hrs, 100% fee within 24hrs.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher