BYRON BAY BALLOONING
Don't look past a magical hot air Balloon ride over one of the country's most spectacular environments - Byron Bay. You'll witness the natural splendor of Byron Bay's attractions like never before. We are located only 45 minutes south of the Gold Coast and two hours from Brisbane and invite you to join us on our daily sunrise flights over Australia's Ballooning Paradise - the Byron Bay Hinterland.
If you are thinking of booking a hot air balloon flight or purchasing a gift certificate for that special occasion you have come to the right place and you are in very the safe hands of our professional pilots. Time for a romantic getaway? - have a look at our exclusive packages for that perfect weekend away. The accommodations are stunning and the unique experience of a magic Hot Air Balloon adventure will make it the ideal getaway.
We are a family owned local company, committed to this magnificent piece of paradise we call home, and look forward to sharing it with you on one of our hot air balloon flights. Thomas Dattler, our Chief Pilot, has been flying over the Byron Bay Hinterland in Balloons, Gliders and Motorplanes for over fourteen years and knows it better than anyone. Along with Senior Pilot Chris Dewhirst (Australia's most decorated pilot and first to fly over Mt Everest in a Hot Air Balloon) and his team of highly qualified professional pilots and enthusiastic and friendly crew, they will ensure that this experience of a lifetime will be a wonderful one from beginning to end.
From the mountains to the sea - the rainbow region will enchant you with its wonders!
- » Voucher instantly emailed
- » Print out your voucher
- » Present voucher at attraction
|Breathtaking one-hour Rainbow Region ballon flight|
|Children (5-12)||AUD $175.00|
|VIP BALLON FLIGHT - Exclusive ballon flights for two, with limo pick transfers and breakfast at 5 Star Victoria's|
|Flight For 2||AUD $1,895.00|
- Approximately 1 hour in the air. (The exact length depends on the wind direction and strength).
- Champagne breakfast
- Get hands on and assist with unpacking and packing the balloon - if you wish.
It takes around twenty minutes to prepare the balloon for take off, and once the pilot has completed his pre flight checks you are invited to climb into the basket.
After a passenger briefing it is time for take off. The whole morning from the time we meet at our base to the end of the Champagne breakfast is around 4 hours. Flights run every day, weather permitting, except for Christmas Day, New Years Eve & New Years Day.
What to bring
- Wear hiking style clothing and bring a hat.
- Don't forget your camera - make sure your camera batteries are charged.
- Sturdy shoes are recommended, as feet can get wet in the early morning dew.
- Sunglasses, a cap and sunscreen.
- In the cooler months (June to August) we suggest warm clothing such as jeans, jumper, beanie and a jacket that you can remove as the morning warms up.
Ladies are advised not to wear skirts or high heels
The the smaller basket can accomodate 2-5 people and the larger basket 10-13 people. Depending on total weight and on the ambient air temperature.
If due to unsafe or unforeseen weather conditions the flight cannot depart, you will be offered a free return flight. Customer cancellations within 24 hour before departure date will not be refunded.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher